Family Eats Backyard Poisonous Mushrooms and Gets Violently Ill
Related Videos
Popular
Most Recent
Most Viewed

Description


A woman picks mushrooms and cooks dinner for her family and the next day, everyone was plagued with severe pains. Using ingredients from a home garden or backyard doesn’t sound hazardous. However, it was very dangerous for one family in Connecticut. 40-year-old, Shah Noor had picked some mushrooms from the backyard of her Newington home and made dinner for her husband and two daughters. The whole family was in agreement that the meal tasted fine, however the next morning, they were all ex

Transcript


A woman picks mushrooms and cooks dinner for her family and the next day, everyone was plagued with severe pains. Using ingredients from a home garden or backyard doesn’t sound hazardous. However, it was very dangerous for one family in Connecticut. 40-year-old, Shah Noor had picked some mushrooms from the backyard of her Newington home and made dinner for her husband and two daughters. The whole family was in agreement that the meal tasted fine, however the next morning, they were all experiencing severe stomach pains and they went to a hospital in Hartford. Upon description of what the family had eaten, the doctor quickly established that the picked mushrooms were the culprit in the sickness. The species of white mushrooms are commonly seen in the northeast, but they can be deadly and they are referred to as the “destroying angel”. The family was given electrolytes and a charcoal medication to absorb the toxins and one of the daughters was put on an experimental drug for her liver damage. The family is now recovering from the terrifying experience. Recently, another case of toxic mushrooms was reported. More than a dozen people in Ohio were hospitalized after ingesting wild mushrooms, which turned out to be dangerous.