A Pennsylvania child is recovering after falling off a bed and onto a dresser door hinge Thursday.
(Image source: Haverford Township Patch ) BY ZACH TOOMBS A three-year-old boy was hospitalized Thursday after impaling his cheek in a freak household accident. Philadelphia WCAU has the details. “The three-year-old little boy was jumping on the bed, and that when he went to jump off the bed he struck a dresser, and that part of the handle on the dresser went right through his left cheek — barely missing his eye.” According to KYW, the boy’s parents were at work, leaving their child at a family friend’s house in Haverford Township, Pennsylvania. “The injured boy was actually being looked after. The homeowner was babysitting him at the time. Off-camera she told me she had just warned the kids to stop playing on the bed.” Philly’s WPVI shows emergency responders holding up blankets to give the child privacy as he was carried to a helicopter — that flight took him to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Haverford Township Patch confirmed with the babysitter’s father that his daughter was the one watching the child. WCAU also reported the homeowners had spoken with the parents of the injured child and that he was recovering.